Friday, February 28, 2020

Why engineers are not getting job?

The below I got it from somewhere and wanted to share with you for you to not make the same mistake what he did in the below post.
Why Mechanical Engineers are not getting a job in the core field?
Replace the below Mechanical Engg with any Engg, the situation is same everywhere!
I have done B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and from the last 1 and a half years I m not getting a job in my core field. There are a lot of factors to take into consideration why I m not able to get a job?
The first thing that comes in mind is that there are many engineers around you they are graduated from IIT, NIT, Tier 1 and Tier 2 colleges. They are going to take your place, in spite of the factor you are equally skillful and knowledgeable.
Second: Companies with lower profile had better options. It is better to hire a diploma holder who has some practical knowledge as well as other skills rather than hiring a B.tech graduate.
Third: Companies are looking for people that can take all the responsibility on their own, they want an employee who is not only good in-depth knowledge but also good in managing people and better utilization of resources at the same time good at communication and paperwork as well.
Some more reasons
  1. Chances are likely possible if you are very good in your core subject, but they will not hire you until they will not find something exceptional about you (lots of waiting outside).
  2. Don't want to leave hometown/parents: Yes, this is one of the reasons that I/We are not getting a core job.
  3. Not trying my best
Every day I came across that there is a vacancy or they required mechanical engineer, but I m not trying my 100 percent to get that job. I even don't bother to send my resume to HR.
Some reasons that are too considerable
  1. When opting for an engineering course I was not well aware of what I m going to learn in the next four years of my life.
  2. Right from the first year, we were not taught or didn't get proper guidance from the senior-most faculties of our college about the requirements of the industry.
  3. Most of the graduates like me feel alienated from industry, no practical exposure. Even in the college, we don't feel like we are gaining knowledge year by year, we are on the same platform after completing our engineering that we were in our second year.
  4. Faculties in Tier 3 / Tier 4 college has not had the requisite skills. They are the same mechanical engineers who are also unemployed after their engineering or they are preparing for the GATE/IES.
India needs Colleges/Institution that narrows the gap between the industries and student. Bridging the gap between the academics and industries expectation is the way India will produce more skillful engineers.

No comments:

Post a Comment